Peabody TV offer opportunities to learn broadcast, film production, video editing, graphic design, video marketing, and podcasting. Interns are welcome to focus on one or more of those areas during their internship. Peabody TV customizes each internship to meet both academic requirements and interests.
Job Title: Production Intern
Hours per week: 10-20 hrs/week
Job Level: Intern, Unpaid
Interns will assist Peabody TV to continue their mission, which is to stimulate cultural, artistic, and political expression through the use of video and digital media. By doing so, they will obtain on-the-job training, build a demo reel, and gain real-world experience. Interns will also receive a complimentary one-year membership, which includes access to all Peabody TV’s equipment and classes.
- Participate in the creation of original content for our Channels
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop, plan, and schedule video productions
- Assist on studio, truck, and on-location productions
- Learn production skills including how to direct, operate the camera, and mix audio
- Learn post-production skills including creating graphics, editing in Adobe Premiere, and color correcting
- Maintain a journal that includes, but is not limited to: a log of duties performed each day, productions or projects intern participated in, and lessons learned throughout the internship
- Basic computer skills, both Mac/PC
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to pay attention to detail and take constructive criticism
- Able to work both independently and as part of a group
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated with a willingness to learn and a passion for creativity
- Produce a final project and oversee all aspects of production from start to finish. The topic will follow school requirements. If the school does not have set requirements, topics may include Peabody TV, the City of Peabody, or another topic approved by staff.
- Must be enrolled in a college (or equivalent) earning academic credit
- Must be able to commit to 10-20 hours or school’s specific requirements
When an opportunity is available, a member of our staff will contact you to schedule an interview.