Peabody TV is Hiring!
We are currently accepting applications from dynamic candidates for a full-time Field Producer.
The Field Producer creates content with a significant emphasis on field productions in a mobile truck environment. A passion for sports and a commitment to the mission of community media are critical to success in this position.
- Manage and direct truck shoots including sports, concerts, and other community events (75% job function).
- Prepare truck for shoots including, but not limited to, packing equipment, creating graphics, and providing roll-in
- Assist the Educational Access Coordinator with the training of work-study students.
- Work with the Operations Manager on the maintenance of equipment and production supplies inventory, equipment/facility repair, and equipment/facility usage.
- Lead regularly-scheduled training workshops in field production.
- Assist Facilities Coordinator with portable equipment check-in/check-out as needed.
- Monitor live remote channel signals.
- Produce and edit other staff productions as assigned.
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned based on business needs.
- Evaluate Work Study student training needs and performance in collaboration with the Educational Access Coordinator.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of field and studio video production and equipment.
- Experience in sports production required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, train and coordinate active volunteer programs.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and be able to complete assignments in a timely manner while multitasking under changing priorities, daily time constraints, and last minute requests.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Maintain a positive and solutions-focused attitude, while being open to constructive feedback.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use good judgment and keep client information confidential.
- Deliver consistent excellent service to customers, colleagues, and community partners.
- Strong commitment to the mission of community media; prior experience in community media is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required and ability to meet DOT requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years’ remote production experience preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Environment:
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Occasionally sitting at a computer
- Reaching, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally working outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Exposure to electricity.
- Climbing ladders, working on platforms high off ground.
- Must be capable of loading, unloading and setting up video equipment from vehicle to site without assistance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Some travel may be required.
To apply, email a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.